Friday, October 16, 2009

Been gone too long

I absolutely love this time of year. The smell of Fall- Carmel corn, banana bread, Carmel apples dipped in nuts. The leaves are changing and the weather is still decent. But best of all is Harvest is OVER! After a very cold spell and a couple rain storms, the potatoes are out of the ground and safely stored away. So many changes this fall have happened. First, Brad has been all alone during grain and potato harvest. This was a big change but such a growing opportunity for him and of course he did a fantastic job. Second, he was released from the Bishopric on campus. Such mixed emotions for both of us. I am so thrilled to be seeing him more and hand off Brynlee during sacrament meeting, but will miss all the fun activities we experienced with the college students as well as the friendships we made with the other families in the Bishopric. Life is full of changes. Here are just a couple of pictures I took during Harvest and a couple of the kids at home.



6 comments:

Courtney Alldredge said...

so glad brad is done!! we need to plan to go out to eat or something fun!

Countrylivn' said...

YEAH, I am a bit jealous though, we are still plugging away at beets! I wish I could enjoy this time of year more, it is a nice time....when you are not a farmers wife! Cute kids!

Candace and Brian said...

What a big relief for Brad. I didn't even know he was in a bishopric. It doesn't surprise me though at all. Brynlee is getting so big. How fun! I agree with you. I think I could live in the month of October all year long.

joanna said...

amen to that, we just finished with corn yesterday! hooray! glad your family is doing well, so fun to see these pictures.

Judie and George said...

Love your family picture, and all the snap shots!

belinda said...

That Brynlee is such a doll! Happy for Brad which means I am really happy for you!