Day 4
We woke up early and headed to a missionary training meeting with Richard and Jill. It was a good experience for me to see missionaries in action. I think I will prepare my boys in other areas that I haven't thought of before. We had lunch with the missionaries(had the best New York bagels YUM!), got flu shots and left. Richard and Jill then took us up North to see OCC (orange County choppers). We have watched Paul Sr., Paul Jr. and Mikey on American Chopper for years. The shop was big and the motorcycles were really intricate. We also saw them filming a episode of the show. This was something Brad really enjoyed. He bought a beanie. After seeing the shop we went to eat at Cheesecake factory. A lot of driving that day but also very fun. The trees were still changing and upstate New York reminds me a lot of Washington with all the trees. It was very pretty.
Day 5
Road the train into Grand Central Station that morning and met up with Joel and Michelle at the Metropolitan Museum.
The museum is enormous, everyone told us you could spend days in there and they were right. We found the famous portraits by Van Gogh and Picasso. Brad and I got bored of the paintings pretty quickly. I guess we are not as refined as I thought. Once we found the statues and artifacts things became a whole lot more fun. We all laughed at the "Modern art," what a joke. 
Brad trying his hardest to act interested.


By 12pm we left and walked through Central Park, also enormous. My camera died by this point, Michelle took pictures for me, but I haven't gotten them yet. We were amazed how many movies are filmed in New York, especially in the park. the park was very well maintained. Lots of dogs and dog walkers and babies in there strollers with there nannies all over the park. 

After that we said Good-bye to Joel and Michelle and did a session at the Temple (right in the middle of the city). After the Temple I was starving so we found a pizza shop and ate some of the yummiest and biggest pizza ever!
We then catched a subway to China town. Thankfully there was a woman on the Subway willing to help navigate us through all the stops and subway changes to get there. I think we may have been lost without her. By the time we got to China town it was getting a little dark. I bought a few "Gucci" purses, wallet, hats and sunglasses. It was fun but we were more than ready to leave after an hour. We safely made it back to time square and ate dinner. 

We did some more shopping and sight seeing before heading to Broadway to see Wicked. Brad thought he was "taking one for the team" by going but ended up really liking it. The show was amazing. We rode the train back to Richard and Jills and were home after midnight. It was a long but very memorable day.
Day 6
Richard and Jill took most of the day off (as much as they could), drove us again into the city, took us to lunch and then went to the American Museum of Natural History (Night of the Museum ). Lots of cool stuff to see. We kept thinking how much the kids would of really liked this one. Lots of dinosaur bones. We had to get a picture with the statue that says "Hey Dum Dum me want Gum Gum!"
I weigh less than Brynlee!
After the museum which took most of the day they took us to a nice Steakhouse called Mortons for Dinner. They steak was wonderful. We had such a fun time visiting with them throughout the trip and I loved spending time with just Brad. I grew to love him even more. We really do have so much fun together. I think we will do this more often.
Day 7
Flew all day, and got home around 6pm to our three beautiful kids. We missed them so much and hoped they would forgive us for leaving them for a week ( I think the presents we got them did the trick). We got lots and lots of hugs and kisses. they really did do great while we were gone. The reason being my two wonderful, selfless sisters who as soon as they found out we were thinking about going to New York, volunteered to take they kids. Also a big thanks to my mom who flew to Idaho to stay with the kids the last half of our trip. I am glad they had that time to spend with you!!
Monday, December 13, 2010
New York- Days 4,5 and 6
Created by Lacey at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What an awesome trip, glad you had a good time with just the two of you.
I'm sitting here jealous. Business trip??? I think it's absolutely awesome you & Brad were able to go to New York and do so many things. I have always wanted to go there. Sheryl told me you will be in Basin City for Christmas. I'm excited to see you.
Post a Comment