Monday, April 11, 2011

The BIG news

Yes it is BIG news. Everything about this is BIG, including on how BIG I am going to get. It is true I am pregnant! Hooray! We have all been (well Brad and I, because the kids didn't know for quite awhile) really excited. We felt so good about the timing of this baby and felt like this was probably going to be my last pregnancy- due to health and c-sections. I coaxed Brad into going to my 1st appointment with me. I don't think he has gone since Ryker. He really didn't see a need to go, but I pushed it and he came. I am so glad he did. He showed up right as they were starting my ultrasound. The ultrasound technician says with a big smile on her face,"Are you ready to see your babies?" "Yes, wait hold on there, DID YOU SAY BABIES?" That is right folks I am having TWINS! What a shocker. I don't think Brad would have believed me if he wasn't there himself. He thought she was doing some mirror image thing on the baby to make it look like two. He was in denial for a little while. We know they are fraternal twins and am 12 weeks along. My due date was right after Potato harvest ends, so we were both happy, then they go on to tell us I will probably go a lot earlier than that. So these babies may come in the thick of things around here. The kids have known for about a month now and we have finally let them tell. So now everyone in Rexburg knows. Ryker shared the news with his whole class today. The kids are thrilled. Brad and I are finally recovering a little from the shock and go through spurts of excitement and terror. I told you I was going to get BIG!!!!

12 comments:

Terra said...

congrats and good luck!

Candace and Brian said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is BIG news. I am seriously sooooo excited for you. I think I'm sitting here still in shock too. haha! How fun. Seriously, how fun. Our best friends have twins. It's a constant playmate. Congratulations. I'm still giggling (out of excitement). Wow!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

OH my heck! That is so exciting. Can't wait to see the two little things. Congrats to you.

wyomingerica said...

That is so exciting, good luck.

Kelli said...

your mom told me, How exciting and also scary (only because of it beign two, your out numbered) haha. I hope you have time to blog all about it so we can live the FUN part with you

Countrylivn' said...

WOW, that is great, I cant imagine two of everything! You guys will do great! Congrats!

Hannah said...

Congrats! My sister has twins and they love it.

Summer Freeman said...

I'm so excited for you!! That's so cool. Did you have any clue at all. Were you any bigger than other pregnancy!! And you said babies, did you find out what sex or are you not sharing that info? Man, I'm so excited for you!!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congrats you two!! That's crazy! Twins!! The lord knew it was your last pregnancy, so he snuck two babies in there! You will be one busy lady! How fun Lacey!! We need to get together sometime! I miss you guys! :)

tonyandalli said...

Holy COW!! What a surprise for you guys! Such a happy, fun, wonderful surprise! I hope everything goes as easily as possible for you... And that Connor keeps the stitches to a minimum so you can spend all your money on cute matchy clothes! Cuz that's what I would do.

joanna said...

Lacey- oh my word! Congratulations! I am in shock too, but I'm really really excited for you. Your family is so cute and those babies are sure lucky to come to your home! You will be great, congrats again!

The Sillito Family said...

We are so excited for you, and still talk about it often at our house too. I'm glad Ryker had fun making the class announcement, because Jacey sure had fun making the announcement to her WHOLE class too! Not that any of them know you, but they're all excited! Congratulations from our family, and 20 little first graders in Puyallup, WA!