I have been planning Brad's surprise party for the past 4 months at least, well not really planning but thinking about it. I knew that I wanted to make a big deal of him turning 30! As soon as we started talking about getting the pond all cleaned up I knew that was the perfect spot to have his party. It's a good thing we also planned to have youth conference at the pond this month also. Friday was his Birthday and we went to dinner and our local Farmers Market and then were sitting in the pick-up brainstorming what to do next( no kids, except Brynlee and a whole evening to ourselves). I suggested miniature golf, bowling, a movie ect.. All Brad wanted to do is ride around the farm in the ranger and look at the fields. So we dropped Brynlee off at Dave and Alea's and rode around the farm. Lana mentioned that Brad has a way of expressing himself in a simplistic way, I couldn't agree more! It is a wonderful trait he has.
Ok on to the PARTY!
I told Brad we were going to ride motorcycles up on the farm that evening with Aaron and Courtney. He was hesitant because I was bringing Brynlee along. When we finally pulled into the shop yard he immediately noticed cars parked in the potato cellar and the pieces started coming together. It took him a minute to want to get out of the pick-up and go inside the shop. He was very SURPRISED! Brad is so observant that I thought he may have had a little suspicion with all the things I was doing and places I had been going. I think his mind has been very occupied on the farm. After the surprise we headed down to the pond. We sat around the fire most of the night and talked, laughed and ate! A few played badminton. All in all it was a very fun party. Thanks everyone who came and making Brad's big 30th so special.
By the time I thought about taking pictures some had already left, sorry!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
shhh...It's a SURPRISE!!
Created by Lacey at 1:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lacey, we had a really good time and we can't wait to do it again with family!
oh, so jealous! i miss you guys! your sisters and you are so lucky to live near each other... and with your respective husbands..ha ha! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD!! LOVE YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment