Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Celebrations

How can December be almost over? The Christmas season goes by way to fast. December is such a fun month filled with parties, baking, shopping, being with family and friends, I hate that is over. On the other side, I am ready for my life, house and diet to be back to normal. My parents arrived on Christmas Eve and we have been sharing them with my sisters and there families for the past week. We went caroling Christmas Eve at an Assisted Living Center. Our vocal abilities astounded the audience (ha ha). We then came back to our house for some more singing and lots of eating. Of course, the kids put on a wonderful Nativity. Ryker played a wonderful baby Jesus (he insisted) and Conner was a Shepard. Christmas morning was a success, the kids were spoiled rotten. I remember the excitement of opening a present to find a doll I always wanted. Being a kid at Christmas is magical. That afternoon we headed to my sisters for a WONDERFUL Christmas dinner. It was so yummy. Beef Tenderloin, ribs, roasted asparagus, loaded mashed potatoes, the best salad, and homemade rolls. And to think in a couple hours we were eating again. It was nice to eat all the traditional things I would eat at Christmas time growing up, including eggnog punch that nobody in my family will drink. Love it! Well we still have one more party till my parents leave. It is always so much fun when they come.







3 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

What a fun Christmas. I can't believe how big Brynlee is getting. She doesn't even look like a baby anymore! I was hoping you would be in WA. Some time we'll have to meet up.

belinda said...

It was a wonderful and white Christmas . . . couldn't have asked for a better one except if the boys were there too. Thanks for a wonderful time!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Your kids are so cute. Love that Ryker had to be baby Jesus-haha!! Brynlee is looking so big.