Thursday, January 14, 2010

Brynlee's 1st Birthday



Happy Birthday to my baby girl. Wow where did the year go? Brynlee came right when I needed her. Her dad didn't know how much he needed her either until she won his heart. That is probably one of my very favorite things that has happened at our house since she was born. I love the change of the boys (including her daddy)voices when they talk to her. Very soft and sweet. They are so attentive to her every need. She is pampered to the max by the boys in her life. She already carries some SASS around with her. She is usually so friendly and happy. I love the scrunched up face she gives us, so cute. She also knows how to nod her head -like she is saying yes. I love you so much Brynlee and am grateful you were sent to me.

To celebrate her Birthday we invited all the Nielson and Sillito cousins who live around her over for dinner and a party. The house was full of cousins and Aunts and Uncles who love you!

The Castle Cake!! So I was trying to figure out what kind of cake to do for her and my sister Courtney suggested I do I cake that I want, that's really girly, because the following Birthdays my opinion might not matter. She may want something not girly at all, that will be sad. So the cake turned out to be a little harder then expected. All the layering caused the cake to slide a little. I was ok with a little sliding...or a LOT. After cooking all day and the kitchen being so warm the cake started to melt and really slide. I am just glad I took a few pictures before it got too disastrous. It barley lasted for the candle to be blown out.
Before

After





5 comments:

Kelli said...

that cake is beautiful! I love it, even as the leaning castle of nelson! hehe

Candace and Brian said...

2 birthdays how fun!!! I can't believe Brynlee is 1 though. That FLEW by. All your kids are darling. Your cake is awesome by the way.

Tiffany said...

So glad we were here to help celebrate! Love you Brynlee. Lacey you did a great job on the cake and dinner.

Courtney Alldredge said...

We love that little girl so much too and all her sass... you will probably have a normal girl who likes girly things and won't have to worry about the cake dilema like me, but it was such a cute girly cake just in case...

Juliette said...

Happy Birthday to Brynlee! And yes, that did fly by! Oh and cute cake, tons better than I could EVER do!