Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The long journey to see the Grandparents

Well, we took the long drive to Washington last month. I am SO GRATEFUL that both Brad's and my parents come to visit us in Rexburg often. Traveling with a baby makes for a long day. Even though the trip was long with lots of screaming it was worth it. I do love how it feels to go "home." Even though I consider Rexburg my home, nothing beats going around the corner and up and down the hill and seeing the house you grew up in come in view. It just brings back memories and happiness. Brad's parents farm also feels a lot like home. I also have very fond memories there and love being there. It was a very laid back trip with lots of talking and laughing and playing.
First stop was Basin City:
It is weird going to the Nielson's and having only Blake there. The house is very quiet. We showed up and all that changed.

Brad and I went for a little scenic Four-wheeler ride.

The boys are checking out the farm, they loved being able to play outside for more than half and hour.

Brynlee and Grandma

Conner telling Grandma something pretty profound, it always is!


The boys made a fort in Blake's room and slept there every night. Poor Blake had a couple days off of school and was probably hoping to sleep in a little. They were jumping on him bright and early every morning. He is such a good sport.


Blake had been shooting hoops for awhile and wasn't doing so hot. So I told Blake that if he made this impossible shot and would feed him a whole week when he comes for college, of course he made the shot. (I'm glad he did, I hope he will come over often, we love him)
Next stop to Edgewood:
I am so glad my brother Dan and his family have moved back to Washington. They came over lots to play. One day we went to Olympia to a children's museum. The kids loved it. Brad and my Dad also went to Seattle for the day to the body exhibit and the space needle. my mom and i spent the day shopping at all the stores i miss.

Conner and Broden playing in the water. Conner commented that "Broden doesn't have any meanness in his whole body!" They got along very well.





Jacey sculpting baby Bryn.

Conner picking apples

(Jacey and Ryker) These two could play all day together!

2 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Whast a fun trip. I loved the children's museum and you made me wish Basin City. I too hate the long drive and can only imagine making it with 3!

Courtney Alldredge said...

I love Brad's house too... I don't know what it is about being out there but it just feels good. We missed you too much though!