1st- Conner started Pre-school way back in January. He absolutely loves the social interaction away from home. I think its hard on him being home all day with just Brynlee and I. He does miss playing with Ryker. Whats even harder is that he has another whole school year to get through before he starts Kindergarten. I guess because he is tall it seems like he should be starting next year. He has grown so much this year. He is wearing all of Ryker's kindergarten clothes and sometimes shares the shirts Ryker wears now. It is actually kind of nice because Ryker dislikes many of the shirts I bought him for school so Conner makes good use out of them. I worried for months about Conner's behavior, mostly because of comments people made about him. I really had to think back and remember that we went through this same sort of struggle with Ryker. But just recently I have started to see some changes. Conner will sit and actually color an entire picture, not just scribble a few scribbles and call it good. Books and other activities hold his attention for longer. The icing on the cake was when I picked him up from his Primary class and his teacher says -I quote "Conner was so good in class today. He did such a good job!" I sure love him!
2nd- Brynlee had a scary accident last week. Tuesday morning I was cleaning the kitchen and Brynlee had been in and out getting into things. She was just in a diaper, which she rarely is. Anyways, I had put a mug of water in the microwave to boil so that it would steam the microwave and I could wipe it out easily. It had boiled away for a few minutes and I took it out and placed it on the counter. I got busy doing other things and Brynlee came in and reached her little hand up to the counter and dumped the boiling water all over her face and scalp and upper body. I feel sick just writing about this. Anyways I called Brad at work terrified that I had just ruined her precious little face. She was as red as a tomato and obviously in a lot of pain. It broke my heart. He rushed home and he and Dave gave her a priesthood blessing. Not soon after the redness started to fade and she calmed right down. It was a miracle. The next day the only signs of burns she had was right in between her eyes was a scab starting to form. Her eye lids were very scaly looking, her forehead and part of her scalp was still a little red and she looked a little swollen. No real damage though. I normally wouldn't share such a sacred experience but felt I needed to write it down before I forgot it. I am so thankful for the priesthood in my home and for a loving Heavenly Father who was mindful of Brynlee that day. I have heard many similar stories lately and I feel very fortunate.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
A few things worth documenting
Created by Lacey at 1:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Poor little Brynlee!! So glad she is okay.
I just love that little girl!
I love the look on Conner's face. He makes me laugh. He is so adorable to me! I have thanked Heavenly FAther many times this last week for the miracle He gave to Brynlee. The retelling of the story makes me sick but I am so anxious to see her and hug her myself. Love her to pieces. Most grateful for Brad!
Post a Comment