Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend in Utah

Brad and Greg decided to head to Washington for Blake's graduation this last weekend. Greg offered to let Brad use some of his air miles and they could fly up together. Not wanting to be left at home, the kids and I decided to go with Brad to Utah and hang out with Brooke and her girls. We left Thursday afternoon and also left behind the cold, windy weather. We stopped at Temple Square and it was sunny and beautiful. It has been awhile since we have stopped there and walked around. I was surprised at how many kid friendly things there were to see. We had a wonderful time and felt the spirit so strong as you look up at the inspiring Temple and talk to all the sister missionaries. They were so kind and thought that all of Brynlee's screaming and tantrums were so cute. In one of the visitors centers there were replica's of Book of Mormon Prophets and artifacts. One in particular was the Gold Plates. Ryker was convinced it was the real thing. I saw him look around to see if anyone was looking and reached his arm over the ropes to touch them. It was touching to see how much faith he already has. He knew all the stories that went with the prophets and really enjoyed walking around looking at them all. As we left Temple Square we were driving through downtown and Conner kept saying "I can't believe were in New York City!" Brad and I looked at each other and laughed, I guess we don't get out too much. We took them to eat at Red Robin and then headed to Greg and Brookes. The kids were thrilled to see each other. Needless to say they didn't get to bed until very late. Friday morning the guys left for the airport and Brooke, I and all the kids headed to Hogle Zoo. The weather was perfect and the kids loved it. Maci and Conner kept asking when we were going to ride the train. I think that was there favorite. On the way home we stopped at Tai Pan for there tent sale. I bought a cute new decoration. That evening the kids slept well and Brooke and I watched a girl movie and ate Italian ice-cream. Saturday I had to go to Costco since we don't have one. Then headed to Brooke's Stake activity. It was alot of fun and lots to do, blow up jump houses, a train, face painting, balloon animals, and soft served ice-cream. We made it back to Brooke in time for the babies to have a nap and the kids to play all afternoon in the sun. I did burn myself but the sun felt so good. Brad and Greg arrived at about 4 and we were on the road by 5 heading back home. Brad enjoyed his time with his family and I always feel a little jipped when I don't go, I love being there. I am glad I didn't make the trip with Brynlee, she has a hard time traveling very far. It was nice just to visit with Brooke and let the kids get to know each other better. Brooke and I couldn't get over how much Caylee and Conner look and act so much alike. We are so glad we went.




2 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

What a fun weekend. Those are always the best. Your kids are getting SO big but as always are so cute!

Juliette said...

How fun! It does look so nice and sunny there, and you are RIGHT Conner and Caylee do look alike. Cousins are the best!