Of course I have to post the picture of Ryker before his first day of 2nd Grade, really, 2nd grade? He was dreading school a couple weeks ago but finally came around a little a couple days ago. He should love class, I have heard great things about his teacher from everyone and he has four other kids from the neighborhood/primary in his class. We were online shopping for some school clothes and shoes (knowing that taking him to the mall would be way worse with him) anyway every shirt or shoes i picked were just not that cool. He is a simple boy- jeans or shorts and a shirt, if I'm lucky maybe a polo or button up but that's pushing it. Oh well if he feels good about what he is wearing then that's what is important. Even though the controlling side of me wants to dress him up like I did when he was 3. I will miss him while he is gone and so will Conner.
On the 24th Brad and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. It's amazing how different life was nine years ago. We were reminiscing of our wedding day and how simple life was back then and how we felt so busy. We knew nothing. We were able to spend the evening doing sealings at the temple and getting a quick bite to eat. School started the next day and farm life is getting busy. Even though we didn't get to see much of each other and won't for a month or two I am grateful to have all eternity to make up for it. I am blessed to be married to my best friend. I did manage to sneak in a few surprises for him at lunch. The boys were more excited about his new bike then he was. They are thrilled to go on bike rides together. Brad hasn't had a bike since the mission field and had forgotten how much fun he has jumping them.
While downloading my pictures I forgot to mention Conner's stitches. Here is the brave boy!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Ryker's 1st Day and 9 yrs ago
Created by Lacey at 10:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats! It looks like Brad is holding Candice. I didnt realize she looked so much like her! What a big girl she is getting to be! Your boys are cute too! Good luck in the lonely harvest nights, I hear ya!
I thought about you when we were in Rexburg--we just went for a couple days for my brother's graduation.
Since when are we old enough for you to have a 2nd grader? So, I really think we need to have a girls reunion.
Post a Comment