Sunday, October 23, 2011

I am still alive




The twins are almost two weeks old and honestly I am glad those weeks are past. I don't wish away the newborn stage but I do wish away the way my body feels those first few weeks of recovering. I can honestly say that now I am feeling a whole lot better. I have energy again! I think because I felt so immobile the last 3 months of pregnancy I have forgotten how it feels to feel normal, you know bend over, put on shoes and socks with out assistance, wipe up messes...I can be mom again and the kids are loving that.

I took the boys in for there 1st check up(with my moms help and Brynlees) and both boys lost some weight but not much. Now Kessler is weighing more than Kolby. Both boys are eating well and sleeping great. In fact they have been going to bed around 10:30pm and sleeping until 3am to eat and back to sleep till about 7am. I think that is one of the blessings I get for carrying them so long in my tummy. Kessler is my relaxed baby, he mostly moans and makes sweet noises to show that he is content. Kolby is a fighter, he attacks the bottle to eat and arches his back all the time. They both resemble the brother they look alike. Ryker was a lot like Kolby as a baby and looks like him and Kessler looks a lot like Conner did and acts like he did. It is fun to watch that.

Today I got ready and went to sacrament meeting, it has been 3 weeks since I have been to church. It felt so good to feel and look normal and feel the spirit. Conner gave a talk for the primary program and I didn't want to miss it. Courtney came over and sat with the boys so I could go. Life is crazy and sometimes i want to cry but I wouldn't change a thing. I have 5 kids!!!!



7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Conner looks so grown up. Both babies are adorable. I can't wait to meet them myself. Hang in there you're doing great! Love you

Candace and Brian said...

You are my hero!! Seriously. Hang in there. I am more impressed with what you do than you'll ever know. Your family of 5 is adorable. Each and every one of them!

Justin and Michelle Klingler said...

You are superwoman!! All your kids are so cute! the twins look bigger to me! I am so glad they are sleeping so well. Let me know what I can do to help! Also, I'm glad you are feeling so much better. I don't enjoy those first few weeks either! And I can't imagine what double recovery would be like! You have a really good attitude!

Countrylivn' said...

Those little bum outfits are my favorite, perfect for tiny little newborns! I am glad to hear you are still alive! Glad you are back amongst the living...sort of! Thanks for sharing, they are beautiful!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

sounds awesome!! while i'm sure it's overwhelming it will all be worth it! love you lots! hang in there. i'm going to wipe the green off my face.

Emily said...

AHHH!! Congratulations Lacy! You are AMAZING!! I can't even imagine!! What a great family you have! Those little boys are so lucky to be born in such a great family! :-) Hang in there!

Jenny said...

Lacey! I'm so happy I finally found your blog address again. Congratulations on your twins, they are so sweet! I can't imagine the craziness of what you are going through right now, but I know if anyone can handle you can!